If you want to enjoy delicious cookies at home.You can try this healthy wheat germ chocolate cookies with almond. This is a perfect combination of tea or coffee.
- 1/2 cup FoodThink Toasted Wheat Germ
- 1/4 cups superfine wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 ounces finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First of all, you need to preheat your oven to 350° F. T. Now spread the almonds in a single layer on baking pan. Make sure your baking pan is ungreased and shallow. Bake them till 10 to 15 minutes. Stire ocaationally until it turns golden brown. Put them aside.
- Now mix together wheat germ, flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Add toasted almonds and chocolate in mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and vanilla in a seprate bowl Pour this egg mixture into dry ingredients and, mix until dough comes together. Now divide the dough into 15-20 equal parts and shape each of them. Shape each portion into a smooth round ball and slowly flatten them . (If dough is too sticky to work with, flour your hands before shaping it into a log.)
- Spread parchment paper before placing the cookies on the tray so that cookies do not stick with the baking tray while baking. Bake these cookies in a preheated oven at 160 °C for 18 min or until the edges turn golden.Take the cookies out from the oven once they are baked properly. Place the baking tray on a wired rack for some time and keep them to cool completely.