So you prefere to eat energy bars after work out ? Or you feel like munching sweet after your lunch or dinner. If yes , then this penut wheat germ bar is the best option for you. It is made up with oats and wheat germ, hence loded with nutrition and taste.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup FoodThink Toasted Wheat Germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Start with the Preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Take a medium bowl, Add together oats flout and wheat germ. Mix them well. Add salt to the mixture.
- Now take another large bowl, combine together the honey, applesauce, oil, egg and egg white. Whisk until mixed properly.Now dried cherries and walnuts pieces in the mixture.
- Now take a baking tray and grease it with cooking oil. 8*8 inches square tray would be perfect for bars. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out
- clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Put the preserves in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as the bars come out of the oven, brush with the preserves. Cool completely and cut into 12 bars, about 4 by1 1/2 inches each.