These healthy wheat Bran muffins look so plain but these delicious little muffins are moist with apple and topped with brown sugar and cinnamon. We are making it healthier by adding wheat bran flour and also replacing normal sugar with brown sugar.
- We will start with preheating oven to 190°C. Meanwhile grease tray of around 12 muffin cups and set them aside.
- Now take a medium-sized bowl, Combine wheat flour, baking powder, wheat bran, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix them well.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg, vegetable oil, milk and grated apple. Now Pour this wet mixture into dry flour mixture using a spatula, fold together until all of the ingredients are just wet. Make sure that you don't over mix.
- Pour this mixture into a muffin tray. Fill the cups with only 1/4 cup of ingredients.
- To prepare toppings using brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle one teaspoon of the topping on each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven when inserted cake tester comes clean. Set it aside to cool for 5-7 minutes or serve these healthy bran muffin warm with tea, coffee or milk.
Adapted from www.kidspot.com.au