Wheat germ and oats are the perfect combinations for breakfast You get the goodness of whole grains from the oats and additional nutrition from wheat germs like vitamin E, iron, potassium, and folic acid. Extra added banana and apple will complete your meal.
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pieces of banana (sliced)
- 1/2 apple (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Take a medium size pan, combine water, rolled oats, wheat germ and salt in that. Boil them with the high heat with stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce heat to medium or low, and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until it gets thickened.
3. Remove the pan from heat and serve them in 3 equal bowls.
4. Serve with sliced bananas, slices of apple, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon butter for better taste.
Adapted from www.myrecipes.com