Cereal with wheat germ will make an excellent high carbohydrate breakfast for growing kids and people who are involved in high physical activities.It contains amino acids, fiber, Vitamins E and B Complex beside minerals like iron and zinc.
200 gms quick cooking rolled oats
25 gms sunflower seeds (optional)
50 gms FoodThink Toasted Wheat germ
50 gms sugar
50 gms chopped mixed nuts
50 ml oil
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
20 gms raisins
1. Take oats, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, sugar and chopped nuts. Mix them well in a large bowl.
2. Now mix oil, 1/2 teacup of water, vanilla essence and salt in another bowl, whisk together. Add to the above prepared dry ingredients.
3. Grease the baking tray.Spread this mixture in this tray and bake at 190 degrees C (375 degrees F) for 20 to 30 minutes. Turn occasionally until it adapts golden crispy texture. Now let it cool.
4. You can store at room temperature in an airtight container.
5. Add fruits and milk while eating.
Goodness Guide :
Makes an excellent high cabohydrate breakfast for people on the move.
Also contains a wealth of essential amino acids, fibre, Vitamins E and B Complex besides minerals like iron and zinc.
Adapted from www.mywheatgerm.com