Rava Kara Paniyaram is an easy and healthy South Indian breakfast . Try this recipe with roasted semolina and enjoy delicious breakfast.
- 1 Cup of FOODThink Roasted Rava (sooji)
- ½ Cup of Curd (Yogurt)
- ½ Inch of Ginger, Finely Chopped
- 2 Green Chilly, Finely Chopped
- ½ Tsp of Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup + 2 Tbsp of Water
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- To Temper
- 1 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 Tsp of Channa Dal (bengal gram)
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Medium sized Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- .Heat a pan, add rava (sooji) in that. Roast until it turns to slightly brown and aroma comes. Transfer this roasted rava into a bowl and let it cool for 5 - 10 mins.
- Now add curd, chopped green chilly, ginger, baking soda, salt and water in that bowl. Mix them well.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp of oil into a pan, temper mustard seeds in hot oil, after it pops up add urad dal, bengal gram, curry leaves,, add turmeric powder and onion, fry well until golden brown. You can add vegetables of your choice to enhance the taste and nutrition. Transfer this hot mixture into the batter and mix it well.
- Take paniyaram pan. It recommends you to use non-stick pan while making paniyaram. Start heating the pan. Now fill each hole few drops of oil and pour the spoonful of batter into each hole.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for 10 mins until it turns golden brown. Flip it to other side and cook for few mins. Check with the knife and confirm that properly cooked
- Delicious rava paniyaram is ready to eat. Serve hot with coconut chutney.