Roasted Semolina/Rava/Sooji cooked along with moong dal and tempered with spices makes a great breakfast which can be done in no matter of time.
When you have any left over of idli or dosa batter in refrigerator and worried what to cook for breakfast do give a try this pongal and I’m sure you will love it. simply serve it with instant sambar and chutney.
Roasted Semolina/Rava - 1 cup
Moong dal - 1\3 cup
Ghee - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin) - 1\2 tsp
Crsuhed black pepper - 1\2 tsp
Ginger chopped - 1 tsp
Green chilly chopped - 2
Salt to taste
1. Take 1 cup of roasted selomina or if normal rava then roast it for a while till golden.
2. Take moong dal & pressure cook it for a while with a cup of water.
2. Heat ghee in a thick pan, add in cashew, jeera, pepper, ginger, green chilly and saute well.
3. Now add the cooked dal into the pan and mix all the ingredients well. Add two cups of water along with salt as per the taste.
4. When water starts to boil, reduce the flame and slowly add the roasted rava or roasted selomina, do stir continuously.
5. Cover with a lid and cook for a while.
6. Add little more ghee on top and serve hot with sambar and coconut chutney.