Roasted Semolina (Rava / Sooji) With Wheat Bran
Semolina is the coarse purified middling of wheat, popularly called as Sooji or Rava. This semolina coupled with wheat bran makes the perfect ingredient for a wholesome meal for any season. FOODThink Semolina (Sooji/ Rava) with Bran is beautifully roasted till it receives a rich aroma and golden brown texture hence called as brown sooji, wheat sooji or roasted wheat rava. You can prepare nutritious upma, halwa, uttapams, dhokla, pancakes or whatever your tummy desire.
Semolina or semolina flour is commonly used in making dried pasta, pizza crust, and bread. It contains a high level of gluten which helps to preserve the shape of pasta as it is even after drying.
It is made up of durum wheat, which is very light to digest and loses energy very slow and keeps your stomach full for longer time. Hence this can be the best diet food for those who wish to reduce body weight and also a healthy food ingredient for toddlers. it has also a low glycemic index, makes it a great diabetics food. Including semolina or semolina flour in your diet will give you may health benefits because of its high nutrition value. It is rich in potassium, iron, and proteins which lead to healthy heart, bone, and muscles. It is also great food ingredient for diabetics.
Discover the taste
Toss some into an upma or khichdi with fresh veggies
Fluff your dhoklas
Crisp it into Dosas and Idlis
Crunch some in Ladoos or Cookies
Blend it into a Sheera with your favorite Nuts
Health Benefits Of Semolina(Rava, Sooji) with Wheat Bran
- Quick energy boost to keep you charged throughout the day
- Is naturally filling and digested slowly which can help in controlling fat and preventing overeating and proven as the best diet food
- High iron content keeps bones strong and helps to beat anemia
- Bran flakes are a rich source of fibre and aids in digestion
- A low glycemic index makes it ideal for people with high blood sugar. It can also be used as a balanced food for diabetics.
Nutrition Of Semolina : Analysis Per 100g
|Sr. No.||Parameters||Units||Results of Analysis|
Quick Rava Recipe
- 1 cup FOODThink Roasted Semolina with Wheat Bran (about 100g)
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 tablespoons or less mustard seeds
- 1.5 tablespoons or less cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil or ghee
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 swig curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon urad dal
- 1.5 tablespoon chopped ginger
- Small handful of sliced onions
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-5 cashews (optional)
1. Since the semolina is already roasted, it can be used directly. Roast more if desired.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and cashews if desired and fry. Shortly after add the onions, chopped ginger and green chilli and curry leaves.
3. Sautee for 2 minutes and add a pinch of asafetida.
4. Pour the water and salt as required and wait for the water to boil. Once the water is boiling, pour the semolina into the water in a continuous stream, breaking any lumps.
5. Cover the mixture for a few minutes and let it cook until the water evaporates.
6. Open the lid, gently stir and let the upma cool for 1-2 minutes.
7. Your wholesome, delicious upma is now ready to eat!