Superfine Wheat Bran
Wheat Bran is the outer hard shell of the wheat kernel. It is very high in fibre, which makes it a great addition to our day to day food habits such as in wheat roti flour/chakki atta of or in juices. FoodThink Superfine Wheat Bran is extremely fine hence called as wheat bran flour too. It has has a low moisture content since it is gently roasted.
Wheat bran is commonly used in food product like cookies, muffins, pancakes and bran biscuits. When it is blended with wheat flour makes it more valuable for giving stomach related consistency. It also helps in curing constipation as it is very high in dietary fiber. Some also claim that foods containing bran satisfies appetite. This claim may be true as its high level of fiber absorbs water and fulfill the digestive system.
The health benefits of wheat bran are quite undeniable. Previous, it was believed that it might fight cancer, but this belief couldn’t get any evidence till now. However, a cup (58 g) of wheat bran provides significant nutritional value. One full cup of wheat bran contains 99% of recommended daily allowance (RDA) of fiber, nine grams of protein, and 34% of the RDA for iron. It is also rich in minerals and vitamins magnesium, manganese, niacin, phosphorus, zinc and vitamin B6. Bran is a low fat, law cholesterol, sugar free and no sodium food. As it is low in cholesterol and sugar-free food, it is considered an ideal food for diabetics.
Discover the taste
Mix it in your Roti Dough
Blend it in Milkshakes and Soups
Sprinkle over Fresh Fruits and Yoghurt
Fortify your Cereal and Bread-Crumbs
Revitalize your Cookies and Pancakes
Health Benefits of Wheat Bran:
- Very high in fibre which prevent from colon diseases, stomach cancer, and gallbladder disease.
- Bran is low cholesterol and sugar-free food product, hence considered as an ideal diabetic food also helps in treating type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Wheat bran can efficiently control appetite and increase satiety which prevents overeating.
- Wheat bran is a rich source of iron which is good for anaemic.
- Unsaturated fatty acids help is increasing the good cholesterol in our body.
Wheat Bran Nutrition Per 100gm
|Sr. No.||Parameters||Units||Results of Analysis|
Tropical Bran Smoothie
- ½ cup water
- 2 ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons FoodThink Superfine Wheat Bran
- 1 cup sliced pineapple
- 1 banana
- ½ cup yoghurt
- ½ cup fresh berries or concentrate
Put all the ingredients in a blender, cover and blend the ingredients into a thick, creamy smoothie. Serve immediately