Toasted Wheat Germ
We are happy to introduce our newly designed Toasted Wheat Germ. Wheat germ is the embryo of the wheat kernel, which is separated during the milling process of wheat. Wheat germ is rich in vitamin, mineral and protein substance than any other wheat product. FoodThink provides you the unaltered natural and quality wheat germ, which has been toasted to give you best taste with the health.
Wheat germ is highly concentrated with nutrients, including niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, vitamin E, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, iron and zinc. It also contains protein, fibre and some fat. According to the USDA, 1/4 cup of wheat germ contains 104 calories; 6.7 grams of protein; 2.8 grams of fat -- about 0.5 gram of which comes from saturated fat; 14.9 grams of carbohydrates; and 3.8 grams of fibre. That means it provides high amount protein and low amount of calories, Hence it is considered as best food for gym enthusiast.
Food Think Toasted Wheat Germ has a characteristic nutty flavour. It is naturally mildly sweet and is crunchy because of the roasting. It is often eaten as a breakfast cereal, and can also be added to a variety of your favourite recipes to boost its nutrition. You can sprinkle it on salads, smoothie and yogurts. It can also be blended with breads, pancakes, cookies or waffles while baking. We call it the superstar food for gym enthusiast because of its high nutrition value. You can sprinkle it, blend it or crunch it endlessly!
Discover The Taste
Crunch it with your Salads and Desserts
Slurp it with your Smoothies
Nutrify your Bread and Roti
Power up meatballs
Relish it with milk and yogurt
Health Benefits of Wheat Germ :
- Very high protein content of 32% for a natural food product
- Low in fat and carbohydrates
- No Sodium or Cholesterol or Sugar, since there are zero additives
- High source of Thiamine and Folic Acid
- Rich in minerals such as Iron, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Zinc &Potassium
- Abundant Dietary Fibre
- Suitable for diabetics and heart patients
- Best protein food for gym
Wheat Germ Nutritional Analysis: Per 100g
|Sr No.||Parameters||Units||Results of Analysis|
Wheat Germ & Banana Muffins
Makes about 6 large muffins
- 1/2 cup FoodThink Toasted Wheat Germ
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (chakki atta)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 egg (skip to make eggless)
- 1 cup bananas (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips and/or Walnuts (optional)
1. Mix both the flours, wheat germ, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Add the mashed bananas, milk, eggs (if any), brown sugar, vanilla extract and butter to the mixture and blend well. Add nuts and chocolate chips if desired.
3. Arrange a muffin pan and pour the batter into the muffin liners.
4. Bake the muffins in a preheated oven at about 180 degree celsius for about 30 minutes or until done.
5. Carefully remove the hot tray from the oven and allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes
6.Devour the muffins